Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ministry to parents

One of the ideas My wife and I are developing for Mission: Brownwood is building a support group for parents of young children. There is a program out there called MOPS, for Mothers Of PreSchoolers. However, it is limited to mothers, especially those who are stay-at-home mothers. Our idea is to offer a support group that would meet at night, include both mothers and fathers (single or married), feed them dinner and put together an entertaining yet encouraging program. Babysitting would be offered.

I throw this out there as an idea, should any who read this be brainstorming ways to reach young families. Young families will be a special target for Mission: Brownwood, as 31% of Brownwood households have children under 1 year of age.

If you have any thoughts on the logistics of a program like this, let me know. My wife and I want the idea to be very refined and perfected by the time we launch.

No comments: