Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Guiding Principles

Yesterday, Jessica and I had a rather in-depth discussion over dinner at Dairy Queen. We discussed the direction we'd like to see the mission go, and the things necessary for the mission to have an impact on the city of Brownwood. Over the course of the conversation, I identified five possible guiding principles for Grace Pointe. They are:

  • Everyone deserves to hear the Gospel (see Romans 1:14).
  • Every member proclaims the Gospel.
  • Every church sends missionaries.
  • Every member supports the church's ministry.
  • Every household in Brownwood gets evangelized.

Jessica also identified some core practices, such as Service, Witnessing, Application and Teaching (or Training)... to form the acronymn, SWAT. She is developing a program for the ladies auxiliary, and I think SWAT will be the core values there.

All that being said, we will be canvassing north Brownwood neighborhoods this week, and have two major outreach events approaching.

  1. National Back to Church Sunday on Sept. 13.
  2. Brownwood Reunion Weekend Sept. 18-20.

I've been told that Grace Pointe MBM is off to a great start... but I don't feel like we've really gotten started. I am amazed at how far the mission has come in the past year, and I anxiously anticipate how amazed I'll be this time next year.

No comments: