Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hard Lessons

Today, I was confronted by God that I am doing too much of this ministry in the flesh. It was a hard morning. Everything was out of sync. We were running behind schedule, the cast majority of our core group was out, and we started services with only 8 people.

Prior to services, my wife reminded me that I am ministering for the Lord, and I needed to remember that and put things back into their proper perspective. Following her counsel, I went to an isolated place and repented. We started services on time and after about 20 minutes, one of our core families showed up. We wound up having 15 in services, but more importantly, we had services, which praise was sung to the Lord and His Word was preached.

This mission is not as far along as I want it to be, but I need to remember that God has prospered our efforts so far. Plus, I need to remember Psalm 127.

Here's hoping I don't have to keep learning this lesson.

2 comments:

Big J said...

hey buddy, you eat an elephant one bite at a time. I want youto know that we are praying for you and Jessica and the mission and her membership. things will perk up when we decide to look up.

I luv ya dude and Sundays like that come and go. sometimes, like us, you have 4/5 in a row...and that gets tough but knowing you are where God wants you to be gets you through it all.

you and i can only do so much and then the people have to respond themselves.
give me a call I lost your number...I need to talk to you about this summer.

Leland Acker said...

You know, the numbers are posted on this blog. I will give you a call, though.