Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wednesday activity report

Jessica reported 12 residents attended Wednesday services at Market Place last night. Including our fill-in preacher and my family, that brings the total to 17 people.

Bro. Ricky Hatter filled in for me, and Jessica said he did a really good job and the residents liked him. Bro. Hatter is a member of RidgeCrest MBC in Levelland, TX, where he is the mission committee chairman, and where he does nursing home ministries and Meals on Wheels. I am appreciative of his work with us and I have yet to be able to adequately show that appreciation.

As for me, I spoke at the Faith-Promise Missions Conference at Faith MBC in Round Rock last night. Bro. Roy Fikac is the pastor there. Round Rock is currently sponsoring missions in Ft. Worth and Kerrville. They let me speak, took up a generous love offering for me and filled my belly at the Cracker Barrel. It was truly a great time and I appreciate their love and encouragement.

Hey, if anyone feels burdened for state missions, please take a good, long look at the Texas Hill Country and West Texas. There are so many towns, cities, people, all with so few ABA churches. The average distance between ABA churches out here is probably 90 miles. Contact me or Bro. Fikac if you have any questions.

No comments: