Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blood for oil, church building and rock stars

I read the online edition of The Cherokeean Herald today, much to my dismay. My column was preempted for an editorial piece that claimed that George W. Bush sent our troops into Iraq to destabilize the price of oil, making it more profitable to drill in the U.S. Of all things, the primary source for this claim was a nameless land man the writer had met while eating dinner in Nacogdoches. I thought the "no blood for oil" argument was discredited before the war even began. Oh, well.

The church building still sits behind TxDOTs' broken highway. I hope TxDOT finishes the repairs before the legislature abolishes them. Yep! That's right! There is word that the Texas Legislature may abolish TxDOT due to its horrendous accounting practices and determination toward toll roads. I will move on this property, but would like to solidify my core group before having to take that step.

The people of Coleman and the management of my new radio station continue to treat me like a rock star. Things are going really well and people are treating me really nicely. I told the owner that I was waiting for the shoe to drop... you know, that sudden reality check that will hit me that this job is not going to be as simple as promised, only to be told that "there is no shoe... nothing will drop." I'm really beginning to get the warm and fuzzy about this job.

No comments: