Monday, March 31, 2008

What, I have some down time?!!!! Something must be wrong!

Wow! We have finished out 32-page tabloid magazine on the Cherokee County Junior Livestock Show for the Cherokeean Herald. I'm amazed we turned this entire project over in a day. I went to the show and took pictures, while writing one article. My managing editor did most of the pagination.

I still have a school board meeting to cover tonight, and a softball game (#2 Rusk vs. #3 Hudson) to broadcast tomorrow night, but I might get out of the Wednesday night game between Alto and Chireno. If that happens, I'll skip town for the day and head to Brownwood to continue my job hunt. My next target is the local Christian station. Maybe they'd be interested in a man who is passionate for God with the capabilities of working on-air, doing production and selling ads. (I can do promotions too! I don't do windows.)

Saturday was an interesting day. Jessica and I arrived at the soccer fields at 11 a.m. None of our parents were there, so Jessica teamed up with Rachel and I teamed up with Josh and we played 2-on-2 soccer. Josh and I were winning until I slipped on the wet ground and severely sprained my wrist. It's healing up nicely.

Our soccer day had more mixed results. My team (the Bumblebees) won 8-5 over the Jaguars. My wife didn't know her team's score (I had to work during that game), but she said, "I think we lost."

So, the Bumblebees are now 4-0 while the Purple Sky are 2-2 on the season.

The housing process is still going slowly. We've put down earnest money, but the mortgage companies are not responding with solid financial offers. I hope the deal goes through, but fear that it might fall through.

No comments: