Friday, December 21, 2007

Pondering

Luke 2:19 says "Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart."

What things did Mary ponder in her heart?

The things which were told of them by the shepherds (Luke 2:18).

What things did the shepherds say? The saying which was told them concerning this Child (Jesus). (Luke 2:17).

What things were told them concerning the Child? The Child is the Savior, born in Bethlehem, Which is Christ the Lord. He could be found lying in a manger wrapped in swaddling clothes. (Luke 2:11-12).

So, Mary pondered the fact that her baby was Christ, the Lord, the Savior for all mankind (Shall be a blessing to ALL people, remember?) She PONDERED these things in her heart.

To ponder means to think about something carefully. Now, the fact that she gave birth to Messiah was not news to Mary. She was told this from the very outset. Now, she is carefully thinking about what was announced to the shepherds and the implications of this. To put it another way, it had now hit her. (This is Ackerian theology, but bear with me).

In Luke 2:19, we find Mary embracing Christ like never before. She had already embraced Christ and the idea of being His mother. But now she is making Him center of her life. The rest of her life would be dedicated to Christ.

How often do we ponder Christ? Do we center our lives around Him? Or would we do a better job if He got out of the way?

I have to confess that my frustration at the slowdown of Mission:Brownwood progress reveals a lack of faith on my part (that God will bring it all together in His time) and reveals the fact that I am still putting my agenda before His. I have failed to properly ponder Christ, and the mission that He has given me. Now, thankfully, I have a little bit of time to correct my wrong.

I want to embrace Christ. I want to make Him the center of my life to where He is involved in everything I do. I have a ways to go and grow.

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: