Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fall Soccer season wraps up

Well, today was the final day of soccer in our local soccer association. As you know, I coach my son's U6 team, and my wife coaches my daughter's U8 team.

My son's team, "The Bumblebees" lost their game today (as if we kept score). They finish with a 5-4 record. I am most proud of one little girl on the team who had been timid and frightened of playing in the games all season. She really gave it her best today. Joshua scored 3 goals this season.

My daughter's team won their season finale handily, though Rachel was unable to play. The other team's coach had to work, so I coached the other team. You know, whenever I have had to coach against my wife, I have never led a team to victory in a live game... and only once during pre-season scrimmages. I just can't understand it.

The emotions at the end of both games are mixed, as the parents of our team members know mine and Jessica's plans for Brownwood. If things go as I expect, I will not be back to coach the Bumblebees next year.

No comments: