Friday, February 25, 2011

Format Change

For the past several months, the work in Brownwood has been evolving from a mission dependent on outside support for existence to a church funding its own operations. This process must continue if Grace Pointe is to ever become totally self-supporting to the point that she herself can send out missionaries.

This blog was founded with the intent to introduce myself to the American Baptist Association, and the MBA of Texas, by describing my views on scripture, issues facing churches today, and by giving the readers a sneak peak into my personal life. Once the work in Brownwood started, it became an ongoing chronicle of the events of our mission endeavor. In that regard, I feel that it has succeeded. For a while, this blog enjoyed a good readership.

However, with the "mission phase" of the work in Brownwood winding down (I am not sure if I will seek state support next year, but I have been counseled to keep that option on the table), I feel it is time to transition this blog from one of being a chronicle of Brownwood mission work to one being a chronicle of faith, current events, and how various things in our world today affect Texas residents, ministers, Christians and those around the world who love freedom. From time to time, I will also post my take on issues directly impacting the ABA, and the MBA of Texas.

From this point on, Bible study posts, theological thoughts and so forth will be posted to Grace Pointe's Web site. That site, http://www.graceforbrownwood.com/ will also be an outreach and discipleship tool for Grace Pointe. As for this blog, it will once again resemble what it did in the opening days, plus include some general interest articles as well. I plan to keep it going, and to increase the frequency of the posts.

And lastly, I WILL CONTINUE to post my monthly reports here.

Thank you for reading. I do hope this opens a new, more interactive, fun and informative chapter of this blog.

God bless you.

No comments: