Friday, October 9, 2009

Catch up!

I've been absent from the blog for a week and a half now. Oh, if only I weren't so tied up with mission work, I could blog more. (That's a sarcastic comment. I prefer mission work to blogging, as is evident by my absence from this site.)

Here's what's happening in my world.
  • We're recovering from an active September. During September, we canvassed for "Back to Church Sunday," canvassed the Brownwood Reunion Celebration, and held a pumpkin patch outreach (which was attended by 60 people, most of whom came as a result of the Reunion outreach.)
  • The preparation for the outreaches was very intense, and the execution thereof really wore us out. So far, we have seen little fruit from this, which is making me think that we need to simplify our approach to disciple making... but how?
  • Went to the MBA of Texas pre-Association meeting. One question was asked of me... "You're working a job there, right?" "Yes." I appreciate Bro. Bobby Sparks. Had it not been for his question, I'd have driven five hours to be quiet.
  • I've been invited to speak at the Faith Promise Missions Conference at Faith MBC in Round Rock on Oct. 26.
  • I'm back to coaching youth soccer... this time I'm coaching JJ's team. 1-1 so far on the season.
  • All three kids are in soccer this year, all on different teams. Between their practice schedules, Rachel's piano lessons and practice, the outreach we do on Tuesdays at the local apartments, and so on, afternoon shuttling is getting hectic.
  • Still broadcasting Coleman High School football. We're 0-5 so far this season, but we're up against Dublin, another 0-5 team tonight.
  • High school buddy is getting married tomorrow night.
  • Looking forward to the MBA of Texas meeting in November.
  • Working on church covenant, by-laws and consitution for Grace Pointe.

I think that about covers it.

No comments: