Thursday, January 22, 2009

Midweek report

Our Tuesday youth night at Brownwood Phase II continues to be a dissappointment as we only had five in attendance again. Market Place holds steady with 14 in attendance. Last night, I preached Divine Comfort from Isaiah 40.

I am encouraged today, because I think God will bless us with good attendance Sunday. I am working the fields today, tomorrow and Saturday in hopes of boosting attendance. As our attendance increases, so are the chances for additions. Last week, we had one first time visitor, and one repeat visitor. I really want Grace Pointe's attendance to be pushing 30 by mid-summer. That's my desire, and I'll work for it. However, God will add to His flock in His time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the last 4 years, i have found that children's ministries have little staying power. I always assumed they were a good place to start,(and they will give you a burst of growth) but I think my view was based on the late 80's early 90's. They seem to work more like a sugary snack rather than a healthy meal. Small groups with accountability time and Scripture discussion(not preaching) seem to be working wonders.
Not advice, just a thought.Prayin' for ya