Saturday, January 31, 2009

Great Mission Rally today

I never cease to be amazed and encouraged by the wonderful fellowship and preaching that is to be enjoyed at the mission rallies of the Southwest Association of Missionary Baptist Churches. Beacon Baptist Church in San Angelo, TX, did a knock-out job of hosting this one. Bro. Spencer brought a good message, and the mission reports were second to none.

I am looking forward to going to 58th Ave in Amarillo in April, and can barely wait to host the July rally in Brownwood.

Great day brothers and sisters. Can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro. Leland,
I downloaded the Southwest Minute Book to my computer and noticed I could click on your blog site from the book. Thought I'd try it and it worked. Great!
I have to apologize to you and Jessica for taking for granted that you had already agreed to host the July meeting. I hope it doesn't cause too much headache. Call on us for any help you may need.
For those who will attend it will make us feel a sense of being a part of what you are doing, and we'll have better picture of what you face, and our prayers will be more specific.
God continue to bless your work in Brownwood, and thanks for agreeing to host the meeting,
Dave Phillips, Northside MBC, Snyder TX

Leland Acker said...

No problems here. We want to host the rally. In fact, after going back over the conversations we have had, I think the miscommunication was on my part. No headaches. We'll just go to Underwoods! (Maybe some heartburn afterwards, but that always happens at Underwoods... you know, overeating).