Friday, October 17, 2008

As if life couldn't get any sillier

Country Music Star Reba McEntire believes she has been reincarnated... noting that in a previous life she believes she was a man. She reconciles her belief in reincarnation with her Christian faith by saying, "I'm sorry, but this is how I live my life, this is what I believe."

Now there's intelligence for you. To add to this sillyness, Reba says she fears criticism from Christian fans. You can read the article here.

I'm not going to be critical of Reba, but reincarnation is not compatible with the Christian faith, period. Why do intelligent people think they can have it both ways? It probably has something to do with the new self-actualization, self-seeking and diluted messages being preached in pulpits today. Such efforts are aimed at building mega-churches, nothing more.

All this being said, I still like listening to Reba's music on country radio.

No comments: