Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday Evening Post

September has been a tough month for us in Brownwood. Though the Market Place ministry has picked up steam and done very well, we seem to have lost most of our momentum at the Brownwood Housing Authority, and have struggled to get our loosely-knit core group together in one place at one time.

One thing that amazes me is that wherever Jessica and I go in the ministry, Satan always seems to have his people there ready to oppose us. You can usually tell who these people are because they are the ones who vehemently oppose you straight out of the chute... even though they don't even know you. While I will decline to mention whom we are dealing with and in what area of the ministry we are facing opposition in, I will say that we are facing opposition on the field. (I know I have sparred with some of you on occasion on this and other blogs... I am not considering you opposition. Our opposition is coming from people who are here on the field.)

Present plans are to begin another apartment ministry on Sunday mornings, move the home Bible studies to Sunday evenings, and continue at Market Place on Wednesday evenings. We are also considering Tuesday night Discovery Clubs, but the where and how have not been decided yet.

Praises include the fact that Lee is home from the hospital and feeling well, Rachel and Joshua are growing spiritually, and that God has kept our needs met. Prayer request include God's opening of doors, our wisdom to enter those doors, and our housing situation.

BTW, I just got word from the city that a new manufactured housing community is going in behind our home, and that the main entrance to this new addition will run through my front yard. This has me rather uncomfortable due to the fact that our kids like to play in the front yard. Jessica and I are reviewing the best course of action that will protect the safety of our children, and work out for the best for us, our neighbors and landlord.

Thank you for your prayers and continued support.

No comments: