Thursday, September 4, 2008

Market Place Wednesday Night!

We had nine residents and my family of five for a total of 14 people at our Wednesday services at the Market Place Apartments in Brownwood last night. Market Place is a retirement community.

I preached on Romans 2:14-16, explaining that even when people don't know God's law, or His word, they set their own standard and become a law unto themselves. Notwithstanding, man can not even live up to his own law, let alone God's law, which is why we need the Gospel. (I have preached to this group twice, both times making a point to define the Gospel as I Corinthians 15:3-4). As long as they'll let me, I'll continue to preach and teach them from Romans, explaining the true doctrine of the Gospel and building them up doctrinally. After we finish Romans, we'll study how to put our faith into action.

The group at Market Place is not a church. I am unaware of their Baptismal status, and they haven't covenanted together to carry out God's work. That being said, they act like a church. They meet, vote and make decisions. (They are congregational rule... haha!)

They have decided to invite me out to hold services with them every Wednesday at 6 p.m., and have decided to discontinue the preaching services on Sunday afternoons, electing to revert back to the "Sunday Singing" format they had earlier.

Next week, we'll study from Romans 3.

I do have some speaking appointments coming up... and I'll honor those. Don't worry, I'll handle the details.

I have to praise God for all of this. Over the past few weeks, I have been struggling through an intense Spiritual battle, yet God, in his mercy and grace, has continued to build the work in Brownwood. God is awesome! Thank you!

No comments: