Sunday, June 8, 2008

Praise report

We had some of our neighbors over for Barbecue Saturday night. I think we have begun what will turn out to be a long friendship with these neighbors. I have also met everyone else on the block, all of whom have spiritual and prayer needs that I pray the Lord will fulfill. We're off to a good start.

Bible studies this morning (Sunday) went well with seven in attendance. I was hoping for more, but God has been known to refine our faith by offering tests early on. I am teaching a series called "God's Vision" from the Gospel of John. We all have our visions for how we want our work to go, but what is God's vision?

Today's study came from John 1:10-13. God's Vision is for people to receive Christ, be adopted into His family, and that vision is made possible by the Gospel (the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ for our sins according to the scriptures.)

I'll be preaching at Beacon Baptist Church of San Angelo for Father's day, then the series continues June 22 with God's Vision for Reaching People from John 1. (Andrew reaches Peter, Philip reaches Nathanael). This is based on a sermon by Daniel Davis.

I am planning on attending services at Wyndrock MBC of Abilene tonight, will likely rest a little tomorrow before meeting more neighbors. Please continue to pray for me.

2 comments:

Stubb82 said...

Hey i dont know about teaching anything that daniel davis has to offer:) Glad to hear that things are going good so far, we will be praying for ya! When can i get some BBQ :)

Leland Acker said...

As soon as you get to Brownwood!