Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Planting Fast Growing Churches review

Earlier, I told you about a book Bro. Marion Reed sent me, titled "Planting Fast Growing Churches" by Stephen Gray.

I found the book to be helpful in reminding us that mission work is a high calling of God, and we are to approach it seriously, remembering why we are there and working hard to reach as many people as possible.

The book gave valuable pointers, such as recommending that missionaries be trained, well funded, not over-funded, and be able to serve on the field full-time.

While I reject the notion that a church must launch with 100 members in order to be a viable fast-growing church, I do believe a lot of planning and effort needs to go into the first services for a church, and those services need to be flanked by ministries that meet the needs of the community.

I have already been working toward the direction mentioned in the book, but will consider adjusting my plan to allow for a better-planned launch service. Prayerfully, God will bless these efforts.

No comments: