Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mission Brownwood March 08 Report

March 2008 Report

God is continuing to open doors in Brownwood, Texas


Progress continues to be made toward getting onto the field in Brownwood, Texas. As it stands now, Jessica and I placed a down payment on a four bedroom, two bath home just one block away from Brownwood High School, a Class 4A school located in Brownwood’s “Southside” neighborhood, the largest residential area in Brownwood. The fourth bedroom opens to the outside with double doors and is suitable for holding services for a small group.

Employment developments are also happening, as the editor of the local newspaper still expresses an interest in hiring me. I followed up with some of the local radio stations, one group said I could consider myself hired, the local Christian station will interview me next week. For those who are reading these reports for the first time, I have an extended resume in newspaper and radio communications, including news reporting, editing, on-air work and advertising sales.

Response continues to be enthusiastic from the local community about the prospect of a new church launching in the area.

Deputation report

Deputation continues through May, as I will relocate to the field as soon as school lets out. My goal is to get the work started June 1. I will not be available for deputation after June 1. In the early days of a new work, I believe consistency is key, which can not be attained if I am continually absent for deputation appointments. If you are interested in having me present Mission: Brownwood to your church, call me at (903) 625-1005.

During March, we visited with Texas Avenue MBC of Abilene, TX, and Memory Lane MBC of Palestine, TX. We enjoyed great fellowship with both churches. Visiting the churches of our association continues to be a source of encouragement for me.

Financials

Bassett Road Baptist Church (Palestine, TX) - $1,000 (for facility rental)
Denson Springs MBC (Grapeland, TX) $50
58th Ave. MBC (Amarillo, TX) $69.72
Rocky Springs MBC (Jacksonville, TX) $150
East Side BC (Jacksonville, TX) $100
Muse MBC (Grapeland, TX) $200
Texas Ave. MBC (Abilene, TX) $200
Memory Lane MBC (Palestine, TX) $200

Expenditures:

Gasoline $170
Vehicle Maintenance $375
Postage $15.58
Housing $5,000

Thank you for your prayers and support.

Leland Acker
Missionary to Brownwood, TX
(903) 625-1005

No comments: