Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Another holding pattern

As I typically do, I have completed the front page and jump page of the Cherokeean Herald hours ahead of deadline, except for one detail. I have to take a picture at noon of a blue-ribbon child abuse awareness rally, then place that picture on the jump page. When that is accomplished, we're ready for press.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share some developments with you concerning Mission: Brownwood and my weekend activities. The house looks like it will be financed, the company we're working with continues to assure us of that. I would like you to be in prayer for our sales rep, though, as she lost her husband to cancer last week.

Wendlee Broadcasting has told me that I have a job there, but we haven't settled on salary or duties yet. I'll follow up with them later this week.

Sunday evening, I will preach at the Missions Revival at Bethel MBC in Tatum. I am working on a sermon based on the events of Judges 7 where Gideon had raised an army, but then God told him to send the troops home, so Israel would know God delivered them, and not their army. More on that later. I have to get back to work.

No comments: