Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Slow day

Things are moving slowly at The Cherokeean Herald today. We all came in at lunch, and are passing the time waiting on tonight's election coverage. (Think of it as extended pregame ceremonies).

That being the case, I have lots of time to think about Mission: Brownwood, and the fact that, while I can see where things are going, I am having difficulty in nailing down secure plans.

I have an actively interested employer, but they have not committed to me yet.

I have two or three possible meeting venues, but we have not been able to secure reservations yet.

The housing question is still up in the air.

It would be nice if the way before me was as simple as following the yellow brick road. But I'm not out to meet a wizard, neither am I planning on hanging around with any scarecrows. God is using this time to teach me patience, experience and hope... and I hope to get this work started soon.

Even in the absence of a yellow brick road, I know that God is going before me, preparing the way for His work.

No comments: