Saturday, February 23, 2008

My desires for Mission: Brownwood

The following is a list of my personal desires for the new church in Brownwood. Many times, my desires do not line up with God's desires. We'll have to wait and see what God does.

I would like to see Grace Pointe MBC reach people of all ages, but I see a great need for churches to reach people 20-45, and parents of small children (which make up almost 1/3 of Brownwood's households.)

I would like to see the people who join my first Bible study go on to start Bible studies of their own.

I want Grace Pointe MBC to become a church that is active in missions, not only a financial supporter of the state, interstate and foreign works, but actively involved through short-term missions trips, and sending out missionaries of her own.

I would like to see Grace Pointe spin off sister churches in the Brown County area.

I would like to see Grace Pointe take on a major mission project (send out a missionary) within six years of my arriving on the field. My vision is to see Grace Pointe sponsor a state missionary to a certain city in West Texas (about which I am already praying).

I would like to see each one of my goals met ahead of schedule.

I would like to see Grace Pointe host a Southwest Association mission rally.

I would like to see Grace Pointe host the state meeting.

I would also like to see Grace Pointe become a training ground for missionaries. Not that I have much wisdom to share, but I wouldn't mind letting interns come out for hands-on experience.

First thing's first, I have to get to Brownwood.