Monday, February 25, 2008

Mission: Brownwood preaching plan

The slogan of Howard Payne University is "Believe, Belong, Become." So I figured, with that slogan posted all over town, how great would it be to launch three consecutive sermon series entitled, "Believe," then "Belong" then "Become."

Another idea I had was to line up my preaching with the Sunday School topics. That way, the people in attendance would be able to learn a lot about one particular theme.

I checked the upcoming topics, only to find that the same quarter I planned "Believe," The Sunday School literature is teaching on Jesus from John 1-12. Then, when I plan on preaching "Belong," the Sunday School literature is teaching "What Christ Commissioned His Churches to do" from John 13-21. Isn't God awesome?

Then, I'll preach on "Becoming." After that, we'll do the Jerusalem Project.

2 comments:

Bro. Matt said...

Love the preaching plan! And yes, God is awesome!

abainfrance said...

Sounds good, I'm going to start looking at local french slogans to see if I can get something cool like that.