Friday, February 15, 2008

Holding pattern

It's been a productive morning so far. I had breakfast with Bro. Calvin Gould, pastor of East Side MBC of Jacksonville, TX. Then, I took pictures at Rusk Intermediate School for a feature story our newspaper is working on. Then, I scheduled appointments to interview two softball/baseball coaches Monday. I also have a school board meeting that night.

Later, I contacted the Texas Department of Transportation about upcoming highway construction projects, most of which are on hold pending funding issues. It turns out, the Federal government is rescinding highway funds allocated to the state, so I've put in a call to Congressman Jeb Hensarling, and now I am waiting for someone from his office to return my call.

In the meantime, I'll share this week's column with you. I'm beginning a series on Hebrews 12:1-2. You can read it here.

No comments: