Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Mission: Brownwood Dec 2007 Report

December was a slow month for Mission: Brownwood. We had only two deputation appointments, and efforts toward relocation haven't resulted in the progress I had hoped for.

I visited with Wyndrock MBC in Abilene Dec. 2. Wyndrock is a great church and we experienced an awesome worship service. Bro. Ernie Kight's grandson, who just finished Army basic training and will soon be deployed to Iraq, told us how he led his "battle buddy" to the Lord. Two hours later, his "battle buddy" died when a rifle misfired on the firing range.

Some who were present at Wyndrock offered to lend us their support and help when we get onto the field. The church also blessed us with two generous love offerings. One while we were there, another through the mail a couple of weeks later.

Dec. 30, I was blessed to be a part of Missions Emphasis day at Landmark Baptist Church of Floresville, TX. Bro. Roddy Rodgers and the church family there were very accomodating. We enjoyed great fellowship.

We greatly appreciate all of the prayers, financial support, lodging arrangements, meals and fellowship that have been offered by these two churches.

My prospective employer in Brownwood still remains a prospect. (They have not formally decided to hire me). This has me feeling a little uneasy. When I add up the expenses it will cost me to live in Brownwood, support my family and get the work started, I find that I will probably need some form of employment.

In the mean time, we will continue discussions with Rocky Springs MBC of Jacksonville for sponsorship.

Our goal is to be on the field by June, have a core group established by June 2009, and be self supporting by June 2011. (We hope to be able to send out missionaries from the Brownwood church by 2014.)

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: