Thursday, January 31, 2008

Getting my game on

Tonight, I met with the U6 and U8 Soccer teams. Both teams were successful last season, and both have most of their players back. The new players who have joined up show a lot of promise.

At The Cherokeean Herald, I seem to be at the top of my game. Last year, my net advertising sales total was $33,000 and a little change. This year, I have already booked more than $16,000, plus I filled in for the managing editor for most of January. I have learned how to update and work on the online edition, adding stories about military training missions, shootings, and The Rusk Lady Eagles winning another game... all original online content that has not appeared in the print edition, yet.

I'm also learning to design ads for the online edition, as well as lining out campaign strategies for local candidates.

I really feel like I've hit my groove here. But God did not call me to hit my groove. He called me to spread the Gospel, in this case, Brownwood, Texas.

Sister Sandie Rossiter, church clerk at Rocky Springs MBC, gave me a paper that encouraged me to follow God's call. It said when God calls us away from a good situation, He has something better in mind.

Mission: Brownwood is something special, and God is going to do great things there. I am truly blessed to be a part of it. Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: