Monday, December 17, 2007

Happenings

After a couple of more trips to Alto, I have found the town is not angry at me for my coverage of the city council fiasco. Then again, I have three more stories about the council coming out next Wednesday.

Things aren't totally gloomy in Alto. Their football team just won the state championship for the second year in a row. I covered the game from the sidelines with my office's handy Digital Cannon Rebel XT and a borrowed telefoto lense. I got some great action shots which will appear in the Cherokeean Herald this week. It was a blast... 8,000 screaming fans, 36 degree temperatures, 25-50 mph winds, and a victory to boot.

I cleaned our living room Saturday night and put up the Christmas tree. Jessica and the kids decorated it last night.

Bro. Marion Reed spoke to Rocky Springs concerning the responsibilities of a sponsoring church during evening services last night. He also familiarized the church with the missions policy of the Missionary Baptist Association of Texas. It was an informational meeting.

Bro. Swilling and I have had a meeting, and will meet again concerning sponsorship of Mission: Brownwood. We are developing a working agreement for Rocky's sponsorship. Please be in prayer about this.

I have had a busy week. Of the six front page stories for the Dec. 19 issue of the Cherokeean, I wrote five. Plus, I have a story in section B on the topsy-turvy lives of the football coaches' wives. I have a school board meeting tonight, which will make seven stories total.

No comments: