Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

Psalm 136:1 - O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good: For His mercy endureth forever.

I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

#1. I live in the USA, where I am free from persecution and my kids can grow up in an environment where they can learn, grow, play and enjoy life.

#2. My family and I can openly worship God.

#3. This blog has given me the opportunity to share the Word of God and express my views. This has been very therapeutic since I have not been pastoring.

#4. God has given me an awesome call... to take the Gospel to Brownwood, Texas and start a church there.

#5. My wife is behind me 100%.

#6. My kids keep growing, learning and developing. Rachel has been saved and Baptized... Joshua is getting closer. J.J. Is learning to talk, communicate and even pray.

#7. The most tramadic even of my children's upbringing so far has been the simple fracture on Rachel's arm... which will heal perfectly.

#8. God has blessed my ministry. Denson Springs MBC is stronger now than when I arrived there, they are getting stronger in my absence and souls were saved during my ministry there. (My daughter, two Navajo boys, one Navajo woman, one man made a profession as a result of the ministering of a church member and there have been baptisms.)

#9. Denson Springs doesn't hate me for resigning to go to Brownwood.

#10. My good car may have a dead battery, but my clunker runs like a top.

#11. I get to sit under the ministry of Bro. Charles Swilling and get to minister along side Jim Slocumb.

#12. I got to go to TBI for my seminary education.

#13. The Dallas Cowboys are winning.

#14. I get paid to watch high school football.

#15. I get to share God's Word in my weekly newspaper column.

#16. Fried Chicken.

#17. Youth Soccer.

#18. Marvin Gardner.

#19. David Robertson.

#20. My grandparents who raised me when my parents could not.

#21. Deputation appointments.

I could go on... but I won't.

I am also thankful for those of you who read this blog.

I thank God for all the blessings in my life.

No comments: