Friday, November 30, 2007

Great night

Jessica and I will be traveling toward Abilene tomorrow. We plan to stop through Brownwood tomorrow and possibly stay at Lake Brownwood for the evening. Tonight, we enjoyed some time with the kids before we send them to their grandparents.

My daughter Rachel and I went to Chili's, while Jessica and the boys went to DQ (It was her idea.) Rachel and I talked like we have not talked for a long time. She's really growing up fast (and she's only 7). Later, Jessica and I switched, and I took the boys home while the women shopped at Wal Mart. I'm really blessed to have her in my life and be a part of her life.

It was awesome to get to spend time with my kids... and it will be awesome to spend time with my wife tomorrow. One of the hardest things about ministry is balancing the Lord's work with your family. It is easy to get so distracted with ministry, sermon preparation, deputation travel, blogs, etc that we neglect our families. God has blessed me with a wonderful family and I hope to take good care of them.

Have a great night. God bless you all.

No comments: